Update: 01/07/2016 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
Happy year of the new, Simmers!
We have a short and sweet release this fine 7th of January, like a New Year’s Eve peck – just a quick welcome to 2016!
Around the corner, I hear Sims are prepping the popcorn for their movie relaxations (just remember, if the bunny in the woods is too much, just call on the super kids to battle the dancing undead).
And with that warning out of the way, we have a bit of NEW…
- We have modified the way in which Sims react to those acting inappropriately in their neighbors’ homes. Beware, for you might find your Sim asked to leave if they get out of line.
- We have also modified the behavior of Sims when a fight occurs.
- Your friends may cheer you on, but your enemies may cheer when you’re down.
- There are 8 new wall decorations to decorate your décor! (ok, well, they don’t decorate the décor, they add to the décor… I really just wanted to ignore the conventions of grammar and write what I wanted to write. There… I admitted it, I ignore grammar!)
- Movie posters for It’s Amber!, Stay Weirder, Cow Plant Love, Cop and Llama, Malpractice, Epic Wood, Sul Sul, and Still Life, are all now available in the Build catalog.
… And have addressed a few Issues…
- The repair service will no longer become unavailable if the player switches active households while the repair service was in progress.
- The repair service is no longer available to not service a retail lot.
- It is now not available, as it was not repairing. Thus, the service will now not charge you for not repairing, when you attempted to have a repair service, service your repairs.
- We fixed an issue that could result when connecting or reconnecting online, in an interface misalignment in the My Library tab of the Gallery.
- Essentially, interface elements were not redrawing properly, and were overlapping in ways that made parts of the interface inaccessible.
- In-acc-sess-ible is so much more fun to say when you accent each syllable.
- We have addressed an issue that could allow users to modify existing lots and upload them as their own.
- Without going into too much detail, through a means of saving, deleting, and re-uploading, it was possible for the owner ID to be “lost” and thus allow the owner modification to occur.
- Sims can now chat with children playing on a jungle gym without route failing.
- … of course I thought the whole purpose of the park was to let your kids run free, while you found peace in the nature inspired sanctuary of silence…
- Blissful, golden silence…
- We fixed an issue with the DJ booth that could result in the upgrade action failing to perform, but still deducting the parts from the Sims’ inventory.
I hope you had a pleasant December, and wish you joy as we move into the beginnings of this new year.
[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome who was busy making popcorn for the team to eat.]
70 Screens from the Movie Hangout trailer
Watch the Stars Beneath the Stars
Grab the popcorn and invite your friends – The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff Pack* is coming on January 12, and includes the stuff your Sims need to set the stage for a relaxing movie night.
Key to any screening is an awesome screen, and the new Movie Projector Screen fits the bill. This new object is much more than an oversized TV – it’s loaded with ten original films to watch, from action and comedy to romance and horror. There are even two family movies in case your Sim wants to catch a flick with their kids. Each tells a unique tale, and you’ll be captivated alongside your Sims as they gasp in shock, cry over tragedy, and share a good laugh at the perfect punchline.
Movies may be best experienced as a group viewing under a night sky, but that’s not the only way to enjoy the new films. You can always retreat to your den of solitude and watch these flicks on your TV, if you’d rather enjoy a more intimate environment.
Of course no flick can be fully appreciated without an accompanying bowl of popcorn on your lap, and the new Popcorn Popper lets you do just that. Your Sims can pop (and devour) traditional buttered, cheddar, caramel, or kettle. Just beware… popcorn may fly everywhere when they view a jump scare in one of the horror movies!
But we didn’t just want to give you the tools to watch movies (and eat popcorn). The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff also includes new furniture and decorative accents to add a touch of color to your awesome hangout. You can create a great indoor movie lounge, or take it outside and create a totally awesome bohemian atmosphere to watch movies in the breeze.
The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff releases worldwide on January 12 – are your Sims excited to watch some flicks and chill?
EA have released the Box Art Render for Movie Hangout Stuff! I LOVE the new Create A Sim items!
The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff is now available on Game UK, Buy a copy, you’ll be emailed a code and you can redeem it on Origin on Tuesday.
From The Sims Youtube Channel